Saturday, July 24, 2010

2010 Thanksgiving Outreach - An Exciting Announcement

I'm not going to bore everyone with the details, but I have an exciting announcement.

While patronizing a local restaurant last night for the first time, we started talking about our outreaches. I've been praying for a few weeks "Lord, do you want our outreaches to cross the money savin' bridge?" (yes, I've seriously said "money savin' bridge" to the Creator of the universe). Well, I think He answered that question last night. Mrs. Cookie owns the old Evans Cafe on Kentucky and Washington (right across from our beloved Ray Ray's). She asked us what we were doing this year for Thanksgiving. I explained that our biggest challenge is finding somewhere that has shelter, power, and water. She got a look in her eyes, and-she is letting us use her restaurant for our Thanksgiving Outreach this year! We don't have to worry about shelter from the weather, using sternos to keep food warm, not having water or a restroom. We can invite these people in, give them a table to sit at and serve them...literally serve them. I have been praying for a building since last November. God has provided, and exceeded my expectations! I just wanted a building...I never expected a restaurant! We will have a full kitchen at our disposal.

I just can't tell you how excited I am about this. I literally can't sleep. All last night I kept thinking I was dreaming. There is something so surreal about this. Last year, we planned the Outreach in 3 weeks. Now, we've got way more time, and a place to have it! I was praying about this last night, and I am planning on cooking for 500 people. I know that seems crazy, but...we did 342 in June and didn't even realize it. Having a kitchen at our disposal makes it even more possible.

So, please pray about this and see if the Lord is calling you to volunteer or donate. I don't want Mrs. Cookie to have to go to any expense at all. I don't know the specifics yet, of course, but we're gonna need a LOT of food, and a LOT of help!

This is just so awesome. I wish I could explain how I'm feeling right now! Thanks to all of you for supporting us!

No comments:

Post a Comment