Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2010 Garvin Park Outreach - Wow...

Donations started rolling in yesterday. At this point, we might have too much food (which I'm sure the people we're serving won't mind). There are a few things we still need (desserts, snacks for people to take back to their camps, sodas, sectioned paper plates, ice, clorox/lysol wipes, and jelly) but THAT'S IT!!!! I think God's teaching me something, even though I'm kicking and screaming the whole way through it. I had basically given up. Well, not really. It was still going to happen. But I gave it up to Him. Essentially, I threw my hands up in the air and said "Fine...you do it!" And He is!

We still need volunteers, starting Friday night up until 7:00 p.m. Saturday. It's gonna be hot, gross, and AWESOME. Heck it might even rain. I'm just really fired up to see what He does with this day. Let me know if you're interested in helping, even if only for an hour. I've discovered there isn't much of anything more humbling that being around people who are way worse off than you are.

On a side note, the financial aspect of this has become much more important to me in the last few days. While Pastor Bret was talking to my Papaw, he was ignoring phone calls and text messages that baby Rebecca Sue Barnard had passed away. The Barnard's are the family that we will be donating all of our extra money to. You can get more information on them at barnardkids.blogspot.com I really want to make that an awesome amount. This family's faith is something that should inspire each and every one of us.

6 comments:

  1. Tears came to my eyes has i read your post for there has been countless times i have almost giving up and ok thats it i cant do it anymore you do it! and that is when i see him the most He steps in and saves the days just has he as saved us!!!! He is real and he is here and i wish that everyone would and feel that. That when you are weak HE IS YOUR STRONG!!! GOD BLESS YOU AMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- this is great! Many will be served and blessed though this outreach.

    -Drew Shockley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have 6 people out of our group there by12:00 Sat. John B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WOULD say "told you so" but I'd rather say - HE told you so!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    What time should I be there Saturday, I can do a few hours up until about 2pm then have to go work... :(

    Not sure if it'll be just me or more - would like to get my small group going on this...

    Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve!

    Love,
    Romina

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will meet at the Garvin Park Shelterhouse at 8:00 a.m. to start food prep. We are asking food servers and hospitality to be there at 12:00 and we will serve from 1:00-5:00 p.m. You are welcome to join us anytime.

    ReplyDelete